The Navegante Metropolitano pass is the most comprehensive pass for vaious forms of public transport: metro, bus, streetcar, and train (electric trains). It covers 18 municipalities and all modes of transportation in the "greater Lisbon.
Validity: subscription is valid from the 1st to the last day of the calendar month.
You must order a special "navegante personalizado" card for a small fee to obtain a subscription. The card is in your name, and no one else can use it.
Schoolchildren under the age of 12 travel with this card is free. If a child is not a student, he will get a 50% discount (at a cashier's desk, not a terminal).
To order the card, you must fill out a form and provide a photo (as a passport) and ID (passport).
Step by step
👉 Step 1: Prepare your documents
- Photo (as for passport, already printed)
👉 Step 2. Go to any subway or train station where there are ticket offices.
Step 3. You can take Navegante form at the ticket office, fill it in, and attach a photo.
Apply at the ticket office before noon on weekdays.
Step 4: Take it to the ticket office at any metro or train station and pay €7.
Wait two weeks.
If you want it quicker, you can have it made the next day for €12:
- Аt the ticket office in Cais do Şodre station.
- At the Navegante ticket office in the river station.
- At the ticket office of the Marquês de Pombal Metro Station.
- Click here for more.
You can see the points in the metro here.
👉 Step 5. Wait the required number of days (from 1 to 12), and pick up your pass at the same ticket office.
How to pay?
To pay for the pass, you do not need to make it every month. Recharge for the next month must be after the 26th day of the current one.
You can recharge a card:
- Through terminals – select "pass navegante metropolitano."
- Through the PickHub application
If you ride rarely, you can recharge the card as an electronic wallet by selecting the "Zapping" option – money will be deducted for each trip.
If you plan to move to Portugal, Spain, or another European country, contact us if you need expert help
- to subscribe to detailed guides
- book a consultation with an immigration expert
- sign up for a chat room with an immigration lawyer and assistant who knows the specifics of immigration from your country.
Got a question? Contact us!
To stay up-to-date on immigration news, subscribe to us:
Photo: Jack Niles